Rule #3 – Where I am does not determine where I can go.
It doesn’t matter if I’m homeless or living in a mansion, poor or rich, if I have a 4.0 grade point average or “failing”, it won’t make any difference in the future. There are countless rags to riches stories to back this point up. If I have the drive and talent, I can go anywhere. I create my own limitations and horizon.
This particular rule really resonates with me. Being older now and still wanting to accomplish a few goals I’ve set for myself; I’ll sometimes catch myself falling into a negative mindset that I’m too old to achieve those goals. This rule combined with Rule #2 gets me back on track, thinking positive and remaining motivated to continue to work toward my goals.
And it is true; there are a lot famous celebrities that didn’t achieve “success” until well into their 40’s. That is easy enough to Google to find lots of examples. the start of journey, when you’re furthest away from your goal can always feel overwhelming, I believe that’s normal. But like this rule states, if you have the drive and talent (drive far outweighs talent) you can get to your destination. Where you are presently doesn’t determine where you go; where you end up is 100% up to you.
20 RULES OF LIFE
3. Where I am does not determine where I can go.
5. Follow my passion, money will follow.
6. Enjoy yourself.
7. If it were easy, everyone would do it.
8. Planning is good but so is being spontaneous.
9. I have many talents.
10. Don’t work hard without rewards.
11. Money does bring happiness.
12. Someone always has it worse.
13. I’ll need others for my success.
14. Being open minded is the key to more knowledge.
15. Failure is great.
16. Most people are actually nice.
17. Words and thoughts control everything.
18. My view is my reality.
19. Inspiration and motivation are everywhere.
20. I can change the world.